Thursday, September 20, 2012

love notes


remember dylan?
well...yesterday, munki says she wants to show me something...
the above love note is what she shared.
then she says...

"i know i can't have a real boyfriend until i'm 30 or so...
(glad she's still clear on that)
but his note made me happy with tears of joy...
(have i mentioned lately that she's a drama queen in all extremes?)
but i'm really bothered that he's in 4th grade and can't spell friend...
(you and me both, kid)
but thankfully he wrote you are, because a lot of the time
on homework he writes your when it should be you're
or the other way around...
(she's definitely turning into me)
and he kind of scribbled the heart...
but his gesture was sweet, don't you think?"
(dear god, what is happening?)

i bit my tongue and smiled and said i was glad it made her happy.
she had already covered everything else .
i have to admit, with much pride, 
that what pleased me the most 
was that she noticed the grammatical errors...
(including that he capitalized Boyfriend)
and the fact that she decided to share it at all.
at 9 years old...
(yes, 10 in just over 2 weeks...eeek!)
i don't think i would have shared something like that with my mom. 
(mom, i love you...but...wow, i would have hidden that. )
i am still not okay with her growing up...
or her possessing the key to some kid's heart.

and yes, i am aware that me sharing this would be mortifying to her...
so let's not tell her, okay?


xox.



2 comments:

  1. So now I'm convinced that she really IS a 30-year old in that almost 10-year old head of hers. I share your (did I spell that right?) joy at her noticing the grammar. And I know you would never have shared a note like that - you were such an independent, private person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she totally is! she's so much like me in so many ways...but she is definitely different in her sharing. right now, (& i do stress right now)she shares EVERYTHING with me...right down to the last little detail...

      Delete