Monday, November 19, 2012

magic tree


i bought munki a wee magic tree.
i LOVED these things as a kid.
as it so happens, munki loved it too.

we took pictures every hour
and decided on a collage to show all of the pix...

❆❅❄ ☃ ❄❅❆

in other news...
can't help it...we're starting to gear up for the holidays...
as in christmas!
when living at home...we always waited until after my dad's birthday
(which is december 1st) to decorate.
as soon as i moved out...the day after thanksgiving became fair game for decorating.
we have not decorated it...but we brought the tree in the house yesterday.
they're not plugged in yet...but we hung christmas lights.
(& i'm giddy because matt just bought me old school C9s!!!)
it was 58 degrees yesterday, so we took advantage of that.
last year, we waited to hang lights & about died in 20 degree weather.
now, we're all prepared and the exposure to the cold should be limited.
and my frankenneck will love me for that.
because my frankenneck hates winter and cold.

another reason for holiday excitement 
is that my parents will be here for christmas!
i cannot even begin to explain how much this elates me.
the only thing that could make it more perfect...
would be if my brother and my nephew & niece could be here as well.

and now i'm off...
have some goodies to bake for munki's school
& i need to get my ingredients together for the pies
i'm taking down to the in-laws' on thursday...

have a fabulous monday!


xox.


2 comments:

  1. I always wanted one of these but always figured they couldn't possibly be as cool as they looked in the packaging pictures. Now I might just have to get one. Those photos are awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I remember you loving those "growing things" (please exclude Chia Pets) from the time you were fairly small. I had never seen one of these little trees and I really love it!

    Dad and I are very excited about spending Christmas with you, Matt and Maddie - thanks so much for inviting us - it means more than I can say!!

    ReplyDelete