Thursday, June 14, 2012

ethel


this is ethel.
ethel is one of our three easter eggers.
she's 15 weeks old.
she makes the sweetest cooing noises.
she's the most shy of everyone & will most likely be at the bottom of the pecking order.
she's just starting to take treats from my hand...
she may never be a lap chicken, but she's coming around.
ethel has beautiful colors.
i have not yet been able to capture them properly on my camera.
her lavender/blue/grey color reminds me of when my grammie would get her hair done.
my grammie's name was ethel.
i think she would have found it incredibly hilarious that i named a chicken after her.
my grammie would never have been at the bottom of any pecking order...
so, ethel the chicken may not stay at the bottom if she's anything like her namesake.


have a wonderful thursday!

xox.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous description of a very pretty chickie. One of my ameraucanas started out at the bottom of the pecking order but that made her more interested in what I was doing, gave her a break from the other chickens I think. She used to come sit on my shoulder sometimes when I was cleaning out the hen houses. She was a heavy lump, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =] it's funny, i've heard from several people about the bottom chicken being really friendly towards her humans. i love that you are one of those people now =]i'm just enjoying watching them grow up and watching the changes in their personalities. <3

      Delete
  2. "my grammie's name was ethel. i think she would have found it incredibly hilarious that i named a chicken after her."

    I laughed out loud when I read that. I think you're right.

    It's nice to have you back blogging again. :)
    xo!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =] that makes me giggle just knowing that you laughed.
      i've really missed blogging...
      & i got tired of only posting about bunny monsterz on their blog...
      but it was made right as soon as i made this lovely little corner for myself.
      thanks for stopping by, susan! xox

      Delete